Saturday, October 31, 2015

{waiting}

  i'm learning that wanting to get married young and wishing that my darling future husband was in my life isn't wrong, but i'm learning too that these years of being single should be savored. they should be spent falling in love with Jesus. the one who will always be my true love. these years should be spent preparing.  ( even though i am young) in this day and age most girls would have already gone through 5 boyfriends and several heartbreaks.

i see it as a privileged to wait for my future husband. i see it as a privilege that my story is being written by the greatest romantic in the universe. ever since i was 12 i've always fancied a sweet love story with a happy ending. the type of stories where the lady in waiting is rescued by the handsome prince from danger, the type of story where you can see their hearts intertwine.  at 10 i wrote my first letter to my future husband. i didn't know if God would have me get married, but i found it so exciting to simply imagine a boy out there, living out his life just as i was with mine. a boy that could possibly be my night and shining armor. now that i'm older the Lord is constantly revealing to me different characteristics that my future darling will possess.  and let me just say it makes my heart blush with excitement <3

i've spent many hours wondering and questioning who he could be. but i realized i was driving myself crazy, and learned that God simply was wanting me to trust him with my love story. if i am suppose to know who he is, then he will reveal it. and the same goes for you ladies! if some of you are out there wondering if you have found the one, or if you are just desiring so deeply to know him, take a deep breath, and know, that the Lord will reveal it in his timing. you see i had this idea of me waiting in my tower, and putting my life on pause until he came into my life. but Jesus is showing me that i need to hit the unpause button and be preparing for my life with my future husband now. whether that's learning how to be a homemaker or the art to essential oils.  learning what heart issues the Lord needs to help me work on now, and how i can be an encourager and prayer warrior for him.

my prayer has always been that before i fall in love, or enter into a relationship, that i would be completely and utterly in love with Jesus Christ first.  i believe with all of my heart that if we love Jesus Christ more than our future spouse, we will be able to love them more deeply, because that love is not being generated by our own self, but by Jesus Christ.

i am learning to put my flesh and emotions to death, and leaning on Jesus Christ instead of my own feelings.  I'm working on loving my siblings, and putting the statement { how you treat your siblings is how you will treat your future spouse} to practice.


i want to encourage you sweet ladies to starting preparing now. start working on your homemaking skills {even if you are positively horrible at organizing and cooking like me}. start writing letters to him, and begin praying for him. our future husbands need our prayers, and we don't have to wait to be their prayer warrier until they come into our lives. we can start now!. start praying scripture over their lives, and begin praying that God would become first in his heart. especially that he would love God first more than they would love us.  pray that they would be able to lead us, and listen to the Holy Spirit's voice. pray protection over his heart.


i love writing letters to him, and also journaling to him <3. i hope you lovelies feel inspired and reminded of God's truth.  it's worth the wait. even though i don't have the outcome of my love story yet, i still know in my heart that it is worth it.

much love,
katherine rose

No comments:

Post a Comment