Friday, May 22, 2015

{when love looks at you}

i recently started reading a book called ''Love has a face'' By Michelle Perry.
i never thought a book could take my heart and touch the very depths of it the way
this book did. it has left my heart hungry to love people. to love people for who they are, despite
if they've hurt me. it has left me wanting to never be offended by anyone ever again, because of the overflowing love of the father in my heart.
but this story in the book was meant for me. it was written for me.



{The Beauty of a Wasted Life}

she was like many of the street girls i met in Calcutta. in fact, that is what drew me to her story, she spent her life earning a living by selling her false love to any who would buy it.
but the man before her now was different. He looked past her reputation to her very soul. His eyes held no agenda, no desire to use her. they probed the deeper crevasses of her pain, but she saw no loathing, no hatred, no condemnation. how could this be? she only saw compassion and mercy mingled with sadness at what He knew she had suffered.
{she looked away}
she did not know what to do in the face of love that held no guile or hidden motive. yet her gaze drew back to this Man they called Teacher. her heart {compelled} her. could it really be true? one more time their gazes locked. she could not look away again, even if she tried. how could she return even a drop of the ocean of love in which He washed her that day?
it was inappropriate, to be sure. it was the middle of an important dinner for which she had no invitation. and it was not proper manner. she could scarcely believe that she had just barged into the middle of the room. it was absolutely undignified. yet she was compelled by {His love}. she washed {His feet} with {her tears} and wiped them with her hair. it cost her everything; every shred of dignity and a year's wages gone in an instant as she poured out her precious perfume.  did they know how this aroma had been earned? she shuddered at the thought. but it was fleeting. the look in His eyes again {captured her heart}. the room disappeared. the jeering looks and accusations faded as He filled all her vision. wasteful, indignant exstravegent poured over this Man, the only Man who ever showed her the face of Love. how could she not pour out her everything on Him? Love  poured out overtook the gathering. the fragrance of intoxicating, overpowering, adoration gave all it had and risked all it was filled in the room. inappropriate, indecent, scandalous. wasteful.
but Jesus- what did He do? He accepted it. He defended it. He applauded it. He {cherished} it. He recorded it for all time. can one glance, i thought, one encounter with him so change your life? can one meeting with this Man Jesus be so dangerous that you would gladly lose your reputation for one more moment in his presence? is it possible to be
{so in love that your life wasted in worship makes history?}
i did not know. but i decided something in the back alleyways of Calcutta amidst the broken and the  dying. i decided something as the lepers' weeping sores oozed onto me, as i held the ones called untouchable. it did not come all at once, but slowly a resolution formed in my heart.
somehow my goals had changed. success looked different reflected in the eyes of the poor and broken. my desire became to learn to {live in his heart of love} .
my goal became to waste my life. i had no other pursuit. not anymore.
not since
{Jesus captivated my gaze}

By:
Michelle Perry






let these lyrics sink into your soul. invite him to wash you clean and make you whole. allow him to capture your heart, and be prepared to never be the same.



Mac Powell - When Love Sees You


Blessed are you as you weep on your knees
With perfume and tears washing over My feet
And blessed are you, beggar, hopeless and blind
Calling for mercy when I'm passing by

Blessed are you, shaking your head
At two tiny fish and some bread
And blessed are you as you tremble and wait
For the first stone thrown at your sinful disgrace

Tell Me your story, show Me your wounds
And I'll show you what Love sees when Love looks at you
Hand Me the pieces, broken and bruised
And I'll show you what Love sees when Love sees you

Blessed are you, walking on waves
To find yourself sinking when you look away
Blessed are you, leper, standing alone
The fear on their faces is all that you've known

Blessed are you, lonely widow who gave
Your last shiny coin to Yahweh
Blessed are you with your silver and lies
Kissing the One who's saving your life

Tell Me your story, show Me your wounds
And I'll show you what Love sees when Love looks at you
Hand Me the pieces, broken and bruised
And I'll show you what Love sees when Love sees you

I see what I made in your mother's womb
And I see the day I fell in love with you
I see your tomorrows, nothing left to chance
I see My Father's fingerprints

I see your story, I see My name
Written on every beautiful page
You see the struggle, you see the shame
I see the reason I came

I came for your story,
I came for your wounds
To show you what Love sees when I see you

Yeah, yeah, when I see you
When I see you, oh, whoa, whoa

No comments:

Post a Comment